Calling All Bagel Lovers
Have I got an EASY recipe for you! I first heard of these easy bagels at my Weight Watcher’s meeting and soon the internet was a buzz with recipe options. Seriously, I am in no way a baker and I will be the first to admit I was skeptical about “easy bagels”. I mean how delicious could a bagel made with only 2-3 ingredients and baked right in my oven really be? I decided to dig out my apron and give it a whirl.
1 C self rising flour
1 C Fage plain fat free yogurt (drain liquid if any)
Egg wash (optional)
Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel seasoning (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray
- Combine self rising flour and yogurt. It will be clumpy. Stir until combined
- Knead dough 15-20 times on a floured surface.. Dough should be “tacky” but not sticky. If it is super sticky add a bit more flour. If it’s super crumbly you will need a little more yogurt.
- Cut dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll into individual balls. Poke a hole in the middle and stretch dough out a little to form bagel shape.
- Place on prepared baking sheet
- Coat each bagel with egg wash and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Bake for about 22-25 mins.
The Results – Mmmmmmm… Bagels!
The verdict is in and I am a 2 ingredient bagel convert! These bagels are quick, easy, and delicious! I mean warm bagel goodness, what’s this bread addict not to like? My bagel brain is thinking in overdrive of all the flavor options. Cinnamon raisin, sesame, orange cranberry… the possibilities are endless!! What kind of bagels are you making? Leave a comment below and let me know how they turn out. Now if you excuse me, I need to put on my stretchy bagel eating pants.
*need your own pair of bagel eating pants? Grab a pair here!
With glitter and gratitude,